Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Ingredients needed to make McDonalds Big Mac:
- 8 thin hamburger patties, 1/10 lb each
- 8 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 yellow American cheese slices
- Finely chopped onion
- 8 pickles slices
- Handful of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp catsup
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Cooking instructions for McDonalds Big Mac:
- To make the secret sauce, add the catsup, mustard as well as sweet pickle relish into the mayonnaise and whisk them all together until they blend to form a light orange-coloured sauce; you can add one or two spoonfuls of mayonnaise for a creamier and tastier sauce.
- Remove the top of each bun and set them aside.
- Toast the bottoms of the buns on a hot griddle until they are slightly browned.
- Grill the hamburger patties on foreman grill or outdoor BBQ until they are properly cooked.
- Place the toasted buns, side by side, on a baking sheet and spread the prepared sauce across the toasted side of the bun.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped onions over each of them, followed by generous amount of shredded lettuce.
- Top 4 of the toasted bottoms of each bun with the sliced pickles and the rest of the buns with cheese slices.
- Top each of the bun with a grilled hamburger patty and place the pickled buns on top of those with cheese.
- Place one of the bun lid on top of the stacked up burger and serve.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons