Yields: 3 cups
Preparation time: 35 mins
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Almond Guacamole:
- 1 ¼ lb ripe avocados, halved and stoned
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno pepper, stemmed, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
Cooking instructions for Almond Guacamole:
- Scrape the pulp out of the avocado and place it in a bowl.
- Smash it with a fork to make it into a semi-smooth paste with few chunks of avocados in it.
- Dump the cilantro, apricots, jalapeno, almond butter and a splash of lime juice into it and stir them all together, along with a dash of salt.
- Adjust the seasonings and add more lime juice or salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Serve cold.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons