Shrimp Pad Thai is a soy, garlic, and peanut based based noodle dish from Thailand. It is super tasty and not as difficult to make as you might think. In fact, it is rather quick and easy!
This Pad Thai recipe adds shrimp for protein and it makes it a perfect one dish dinner meal.
Enjoy this Thai shrimp recipe!
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles (Pad Thai noodles), uncooked
- 1 cup (2-inch) green onion pieces
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 1½ tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1½ tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Follow the package directions to cook noodles. Drain.
- While you bring water to boil, combine Sriracha or chili garlic sauce, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat, add oil and swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp, onion pieces, and garlic; Stir-fry until the shrimp is almost done, for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss to combine well.
- Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Divide about one cup of the noodle mixture among the four serving plates; top each plate with 1 tbsp. peanut, ¼ cup bean sprouts, and 2 tsp. basil.