Today is Foodie Friday, so after this super simple crap dip recipe, check out the links at the bottom of the post to some other great recipes from fellow bloggers!
I really love this crab dip recipe. It is super easy to make. In fact, it has only four ingredients! Yet it tastes incredible. All you need is sour cream, crab meat or imitation crab meat, cocktail sauce, and shredded cheese. Plus something to dip in it.
Spread 8 ounces of sour cream in the bottom of a dish and then add a layer of crab. I used imitation crab, which I normally don’t care for, but it works fine in this dip. I have seen some recipes use cream cheese instead of the sour cream.
Next, add a layer of cocktail sauce and then sprinkle on shredded cheese. That is it! Your crab dip is done!
I like to use tortilla chips for dipping, but you could use pita chips, bread, bagel chips, or anything else that you like.
It is super simple, yet tastes really, really good! By the way, don’t make this when you are hungry. Otherwise, you might end up like me and immediately eat half of it!
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 small jar of cocktail sauce
- 1 package imitation crab meat or about 1 cup of shredded crab
- 4 ounces of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or Italian cheese blend
- Smooth sour cream across the bottom of a serving dish
- Add crab on top of the sour cream
- Pour cocktail sauce over the crab
- Top with the shredded cheese
- Serve with chips or bread for dipping
Here are more great dip recipes!