This lemon risotto is easy to make and super delicious.
You can make risotto this with the whole focus on lemon and rice, or you can add vegetables such as zucchini, peas, or broccoli. The recipe here adds peas as an example. Add a light meat such as chicken with it for a complete meal, or serve the risotto as a side. This is healthy dish that is perfect for any lemon lover.
This easy, lemony, creamy risotto is perfect for a summer dinner party or light lunch.
- 2 shallots
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 11 oz risotto rice
- 34 fl oz vegetable stock
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 2 fl oz double cream
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt to season
- Place the shallots and celery into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a saucepan.
- Add the shallot and celery mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the rice and peas, making sure they are well mixed in with the butter and oil.
- In a separate saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil, reduce heat and keep it at a simmer.
- Gradually pour a ladle of stock at a time into the rice until it is well absorbed and al dente.
- You may need to use some boiling water from the kettle if your stock gets used up. Or, you may find you have some stock left over. Either way is ok.
- Mix the lemon zest and the rosemary into the risotto.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon juice, parmesan, cream and pepper.
- Once the risotto is cooked, take it off the heat and add the egg/lemon mixture.
- Add the remaining butter and season with the sea salt.
- Serve with more grated parmesan.