Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients needed to make Salad Olivier:
- 5 large carrots
- Bunch of green onion
- Bunch of fresh cilantro
- Bunch of fresh dill
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet peas
- 5 eggs
- 3 hot dogs
- 6 dill pickles
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tsp white pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce
Cooking instructions for Salad Olivier:
- Fill a pot with water and drop in the carrots and potatoes to boil until cooked through.
- Drain them out into a bowl and toss the hot dogs in the same boiling water.
- Continue to boil until they are cooked properly and drain them out onto a chopping board.
- Drop the eggs in a separate pot of water to hard-boil them, peel off the shells and chop them into small dices.
- Toss them into a large mixing bowl and empty the can of sweet peas into it.
- Chop the other boiled ingredients into small, pea-sized cubes and dump them into the above bowl.
- Add a large splodge of sour cream into it, followed by mayonnaise, horseradish sauce and a dash of chili sauce.
- Sprinkle the peppers plus oregano over them and toss them thoroughly to coat well with the dressing.
- Leave in the fridge to chill.
- Remove from the fridge ad give it a final stir to mix well once again.
- Serve cold.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons