Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Zucchini Soup:
- 8 cups zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmegiano Reggiano, to serve
- Garlic croutons, to serve
Cooking instructions for Zucchini Soup:
- Drizzle a lashing of oil into a large pot and heat it over moderately high flame until it starts shimmering.
- Throw in the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until they turn a tad softer.
- Empty the cups of zucchini chunks into it, followed by the chopped garlics and stir fry them for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the stock and stir in the chopped thyme until mixed evenly.
- Place a lid on top and bring the soup to a boil.
- Bring it down to a simmer and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked properly and turn tender.
- Turn off the heat and blend them into a smooth puree with the help of a stick blender.
- Whisk in half and half, followed by a dash of seasonings to taste and return the creamy zucchini soup back into the pot.
- Cook briefly for few minutes or until it is again heated through and ladle it into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of each serving and scatter some garlic croutons over it.
- Serve hot.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons