Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Chapatti Wraps:
For the spinach paste:
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 ¾ oz fresh cilantro
- 2’’ fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp salted peanuts, roasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetables oil
For the grilled mushrooms:
- 7 oz Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, boiled and thickly sliced
- 2 ½ fl oz Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp gram flour
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vegetables oil
- Salt to taste
For the cottage cheese:
- 10 oz cottage cheese or paneer, chopped into 1’’ dices
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ½ fl oz water
- 5 toasted Indian flatbreads or chapattis, warmed in an oven
- 5-6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Cooking instructions for Chapatti Wraps:
- To make the spinach paste, dump all its ingredients into a food processor and pulse them into a smooth puree.
- To grill the mushrooms, add the garlic, ginger and yogurt into a clean blender and spoon in the lemon juice and oil.
- Sprinkle the gram flour, garam masala, salt and red chili powder over them and add a splash of water into it.
- Blitz them into a uniform, smooth paste and scrap it out into a bowl.
- Throw in the mushrooms and toss them together to coat well.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes to marinate.
- Warm up your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce the mushrooms into the skewers and arrange them on a baking sheet, greased earlier with small amount of oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, while rotating the dish by 180 degree, midway between the cooking.
- Place the ingredients for the paneer into a bowl and tip the grilled mushrooms over them.
- Stir them all together until well combined and spoon small portions of them along the middle of the warmed chapatti.
- Roll them up and slice them diagonally into two halves.
- Serve and have fun!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons