Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients needed to make Paneer Tikka:
- 10-12 paneer or whole milk ricotta cheese cubes
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup greek-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
For the spice blend:
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
Cooking instructions for Paneer Tikka:
- To prepare the marinade, pour the yogurt into a blender and spoon in the green chili paste as well as garlic.
- Pulse them into a smooth paste and scrap it out onto a large mixing bowl.
- Dump all the spice blend ingredients into a spice grinder and blitz them into a somewhat coarse powder.
- Spoon it into the same bowl and whisk them together until well combined; set aside.
- Throw in the paneer cubes and give them a nice stir to coat well with the marinade.
- Cover with a lid and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, warm up your oven to 210 degrees F.
- Insert the marinated paneer through skewers and brush them with a lashing of oil until properly coated on all sides.
- Place a wire rack in a baking tray and arrange the skewered paneer cubes onto the rack.
- Place the baking tray into the hot oven and grill them for 15-18 minutes or until they turn golden brown; make a point to rotate them from time to time while cooking.
- Take them out of the oven and remove them from the skewers.
- Serve the hot paneer tikkas along with green chutney.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons