Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients needed to make Riebekuchen:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 boiled potato, peeled and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juic
- ½ tsp salt
- Apple sauce, as required
- ½ tsp salt
Cooking instructions for Riebekuchen:
- Stir in a splash of lemon juice into a bowl and grate the potatoes into it.
- Tip the mixture into a piece of cheesecloth and give them a tight squeeze to drain them out and get rid of any excess liquid; set aside.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl and crack the egg into it.
- Pour in milk and beat them thoroughly along with a dash of salt, until they blend into a smooth batter.
- Fold in the grated potatoes until well combined and set aside.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet to heat until it shimmers and spoon in small portions of the pancake mixture on it, spaced apart.
- Cook until the pancakes are set and browns at the base.
- Flip it over to cook the other side similarly and slide them onto a plate lined with paper towels; keep warm in an oven, preheated to lowest temperature.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in the pan and cook 3 more pancakes; repeat the process until all of the batter is used up.
- Place them on serving plates and serve along with a splodge of apple sauce on top.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons