Preparation time: 1 hr 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Ingredients needed to make Crepe Quiche Lorraine:
For the crepes:
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp whole milk
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the quiches:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bacon strips, fried and crumbled
- 1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup onion, sliced
- 6 oz whole milk
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooking instructions for Crepe Quiche Lorraine:
- To make the crepes, dump all its ingredients into a blender and pulse them briefly for few seconds until they blend together to form a smooth, uniformly mixed batter.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and set aside in the fridge for an hour to get rid of the air bubbles in it.
- Heat a small skillet over moderately-low flame and coat it with a small knob of melted butter.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the cold batter into the middle of the skillet and tilt the pan to spread it out.
- Cook on side briefly for half a minute and turn it over carefully to cook the other side for another 10 seconds.
- Slide it onto a chopping board and set aside until rest of the crepes is cooked using remaining batter.
- To make the quiches, warm up your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add another knob of butter into the small frying pan and melt it until it foams.
- Throw in the onion and sauté briefly until it becomes lucid.
- Transfer it into a small bowl and crumble the fried bacon into it.
- Toss them together to mix well and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with milk, in a separate bowl until just combined and stir in a dash each of seasonings to taste.
- Line each well of a 6-cup muffin tin with one crepe, while pleating their edges to fit well.
- Spoon the filling into each crepe cup and sprinkle equal amount of cheese on top of each serving.
- Top each of them with the egg-milk mixture and place it in the hot oven to bake for half an hour or until the uppermost layer of egg turns firm.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons