Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients needed to make Denver Scramble:
- 10 large eggs
- 2/3 cup cooked ham, medium diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red, green or yellow green bell pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Cooking instructions for Denver Scramble:
- Toss the butter cubes into a large skillet and melt it over moderate heat until it foams.
- Throw in the onions as well as bell peppers and sprinkle a dash of seasonings.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them thoroughly along with milk and the measured seasonings until well combined.
- Stir the ham cubes into the sautéed mixture and continue to sauté for another couple of minutes or until heated through.
- Lower the heat slightly and pour the whisked egg blend over the mixture.
- Cook for a minute or two without touching the eggs and then shift it to a side of the skillet, using a spatula.
- Continue to cook undisturbed for another minute and then spread it back into the skillet.
- Repeat the process every half a minute until the eggs turn firm yet slightly moist and transfer them into a bowl.
- Fold in shredded cheese until it melts and blends into the scrambled eggs and serve right away.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons