Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients needed to make Crab Salad Omelette:
For the crab salad:
- 2/3 cup crab meat
- ¼ tsp hot Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Zest of 1 medium lemon, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh chives, minced
For the omelette:
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ medium avocado, halved, stoned and sliced longitudinally into 4 wedges
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tsp whole milk
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
Cooking instructions for Crab Salad Omelette:
- To make the crab salad, place the crab meat in a bowl and spoon in rest of its ingredients
- Stir them all together until they mixed thoroughly and keep it aside until required.
- To make the omelettes, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them thoroughly, along with milk and a dash each of seasonings until well combined into a pale yellow mixture.
- Add half of the butter into a large frying pan and melt it over moderate heat until it foams.
- Pour half of the whisked egg blend into the hot skillet and spread it into a small round by stirring it with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Cook the omelette for a couple of minutes or until its base sets but the surface still remains runny.
- Spread half of the crab salad along the middle of the omelette and arrange a couple of avocado wedges on top.
- Turn off the heat and fold the one edge of the omelette over the filling so that half of it is covered.
- Place the other side of the omelette over and onto the first side, so that the omelette is rolled completely.
- Slide it onto a serving plate and flip it over carefully to ensure that its seam side is facing down.
- Cook the other omelette in another tbsp of the melted butter, using rest of the whisked egg mixture, crab salad and avocado wedges.
- Serve warm.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons