Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Massaman Curry:
- 1 lb Thai eggplant, trimmed and diced
- 8 oz broccoli, stems trimmed and florets halved
- 6 oz Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup massaman curry paste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 can (13 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Cooking instructions for Massaman Curry:
- Skim of ½ cup cream from the surface of the coconut milk and pour the former into a saucepan.
- Heat it over high flame until bubbles appear in it and whisk in the curry paste until well combined.
- Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the fats separate out and floats on the surface of the simmering mixture.
- Throw in the eggplant as well as potato dices and stir them all together to coat well with the curried mixture.
- Cook further for another couple of minutes or until the eggplants turns softer and sprinkle the sugar into it.
- Pour in the coconut milk, followed by a splash of fish sauce and a cup of water until the veggies remain just submerged within the liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer it for another 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir in the broccoli and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until they turn crisp-tender.
- Whisk in a splash of lime juice and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Fold in the basil leaves and pour it into a serving bowl.
- Serve alongside steamed rice.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons