Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Chicken and Cashew Curry:
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 200 gm rice noodles
- 100 gm cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- One 6 cm long fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 limes,1 juiced and zested and the other sliced into wedges
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Cooking instructions for Chicken and Cashew Curry:
- Grease a skillet with small amount of oil and toss the chicken chunks into it.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until they brown nicely and set them aside in a plate.
- Throw in the garlic, ginger as well as onions and sauté them for 2-3 minutes or until the veggies soften.
- Stir in the cashews, followed by a dash of garam masala over the mixture and cook the mixture for a couple of minutes while stirring often.
- Dump the chicken chunks back into the skillet, along with ½ of the coconut milk and a splash of water.
- Continue to cook the curry until it starts simmering and continue to cook likewise for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the noodles, place them in salted water and cook them as per the instructions provided in its package, until cooked al dente.
- Drain them out into a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Pour in rest of the coconut milk in another saucepan and stir in the zest and juice of a lime, sugar as well as fish sauce until the latter melts.
- Lower the noodles into it and give it a nice stir to coat well with the mixture.
- Cook until the sauce dries up enough to just coat the noodles and pile them up onto serving plates.
- Spoon the curry on top of each serving and serve hot alongside lime wedges.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons