Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients needed to make Pescado Rodrigo:
- 6 tilapia fillets, rinsed and blot dry
- 12 corn tortillas, toasted
- All-purpose flour to taste
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the sauce:
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Serrano Chile, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed out lime juice
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
Cooking instructions for Pescado Rodrigo:
- To cook the sauce, place the lime juice, soy sauce as well as olive oil in a small bowl and whisk them together along with jalapeno, cilantro plus scallions until well combined.
- Adjust the seasonings and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- To cook the fish, rub a dash of seasonings all over the fish and dredge them with flour until well coated.
- Pour vegetable oil in a large skillet until it rises 1/4’’ from the base and heat it over high flame until it shimmers but doesn’t smoke.
- Lower the dredged fish into hot oil, few at a time, and fry for about 2-3 minutes or until they brown nicely.
- Flip it over and sear the other side in a similar manner or until they are cooked through and appears flaky when teased with a fork.
- Transfer the seared fish fillets onto a baking sheet, lined with paper towel and place it in the oven to keep warm at lowest temperature setting.
- Arrange them onto a serving platter and bather them with the sauce.
- Serve hot alongside toasted corn tortillas.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons