Preparation time: 5 mins + 2 hours (inactive time)
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients needed to make McDonalds Big Xtra:
- 5 oz ground beef
- 1 large sesame seed hamburger bun
- 3 pickle slices
- 1 tomato slice
- ½ cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tbsp chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ketchup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
Cooking instructions for McDonalds Big Xtra:
- For the beef patty, place the ground beef on a wax paper and shape it like a patty of around 6’’ wide, with your hands.
- Leave the patty in the fridge for a couple of hours or until required.
- Preheat a griddle over moderate heat and place either halves of the hamburger bun on it, to toast the faces until they turn golden brown; transfer them to a plate and set aside until necessary.
- Take the frozen beef patty out of the fridge and place it on the hot griddle.
- Grill one side of the patty for a couple of minutes before turning it over and cook the other side similarly until it is cooked through.
- Season the grilled patty with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread the ketchup on the face of the top half of the bun, followed by mayonnaise.
- Arrange the onion on it and top it up with the pickles slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped lettuce on top and place the tomato slice over it.
- Finish off the stacking by placing the beef patty on top of the layers and flip the entire ensemble carefully, onto the bottom half of the bun, while holding the layers together with the one of your palms.
- Serve and have fun!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons