Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Ingredients needed to make Burger King Big King:
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 2 white onion slices, separated
- 1 1/3 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 8 American cheese slices
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the spread:
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp French dressing
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sugar
Cooking instructions for Burger King Big King:
- Whisk all the ingredients of the spread into a small bowl until well combined and set aside until required.
- Warm up your outdoor BBQ or indoor grill over hot fire.
- Split the minced beef into 8 equal portions, each approx. weighing about 3 oz.
- Roll each portion of the meat into a ball and press each of them between your palms to shape it like a patty of nearly the same diameter as the bun.
- Place the patties on the preheated grill and cook for a couple of minutes or until it is well cooked.
- Flip it over to cook the other side similarly for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper over them to season.
- While the meat grills, toast the faces of either halves of the bun on a hot griddle or in a toaster oven until they brown; keep the close eye on the buns to prevent them from burning.
- Add a dollop of the prepared spread across the face of the top half of the bun and top it up with an even layer of 1/3 of the chopped lettuce.
- Place the grilled patty on top of the bottom half of the bun and cover it with an American cheese slice.
- Place another patty on top it, followed by a 2nd cheese slice and arrange a couple of separated onion rings on top.
- Top it up with 2 pickle slices and flip the top half of the bun over it.
- Press them gently and set aside; make rest of the burgers similarly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons