Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Ingredients needed to make Pork Meatloaf With Sour Cream:
- 1 lb 2 oz minced pork
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 5 fl oz sour cream
- 6 oz white bread crumbs, fresh
- 18 fl oz beef broth
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Few fresh marjoram sprigs, for garnishing
Cooking instructions for Pork Meatloaf With Sour Cream:
- Warm up your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle oil in a large skillet and throw in the onions.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until it softens and stir in the garlic.
- Stir fry for another minute and tip it into a large mixing bowl.
- Dump the ground meat into the same bowl, and add 5 ½ oz of the breadcrumbs into it.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds and marjoram seeds it, along with a dash each of salt as well as pepper and work them all together, using your hands, until well mixed.
- Stir in the beaten eggs until well mixed and shape the entire mixture into a large bowl.
- Place it on a roasting pan and mold it into a 1 ½’’ high loaf.
- Scatter rest of the breadcrumbs on top of the meatloaf and press them gently to make them adhere to the meat.
- Drizzle ½ pint of the broth around the meatloaf and place the tin into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and drizzle rest of the broth into the pan.
- Continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Place them on a large serving platter and spread a sheet of aluminum foil on top to cover it loosely to keep warm.
- Pour the cooking liquid into a saucepan and simmer for a 3-4 minutes or until it reduces in volume slightly.
- Whisk in the sour cream, followed by a dash each of salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook further for a minute, stirring constantly, until heated through.
- Tip the sauce into a fine mesh sieve and strain into a bowl.
- Place some fresh sprigs of herb on top of the meatloaf and serve warm alongside the reduced sauce.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons