Preparation time: 10 mins + 4 hours (chilling time)
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Watermelon Agua Fresca:
- 8 cups watermelon, seeded and divided
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 club soda, chilled
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- Lime slices, for garnishing
Cooking instructions for Watermelon Agua Fresca:
- Dump half of the watermelon into a blender, along with half of the sugar and pour in ½ cup water.
- Blitz them into a smooth puree and pass it through a coarse strainer to drain into a large bowl in order to smooth it out.
- Blend rest of the watermelon in a similar manner, using remaining sugar as well as water and strain it into the same bowl.
- Add a splash of lemon juice and give it a nice stir to mix well.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill.
- Empty a bottle of chilled club soda into it and stir it into the mixture.
- Pour it into 6 glasses and garnish with a slice of lime on top of each serving.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons