Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Vietnamese Egg Coffee:
- 3 tsp Vietnamese coffee powder (available in online stores)
- 1 egg
- Boiling water, as required
- 2 tsp condensed milk, sweetened
Cooking instructions for Vietnamese Egg Coffee:
- To brew the coffee, fill a bowl with hot water and place a cup on top.
- Add the coffee powder into a Vietnamese coffee filter (can be purchased online) and give it a nice shake to smooth out the surface.
- Secure it to the cup loosely and pour boiling water into it until the coffee powder is just covered.
- Let some of coffee drip down into the cup and fasten it once again tightly than earlier.
- Pour more boiling water, keeping only ¼ of the filter empty and secure the lid.
- Let the entire coffee drip down and set aside.
- Crack the egg and separate the yolk from its white.
- Place the yolk into a small bowl and whisk it rigorously along with condensed milk until it froths up and turns fluffy.
- Spoon in a tbsp of the brewed coffee and beat it into the mixture until well combined.
- Pour rest of the brewed coffee into a clean cup and top it up with the whisked mixture.
- Serve right away.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons