Yields: 2 cups
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Ingredients needed to make Strawberry Syrup:
- ½ lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
Cooking instructions for Strawberry Syrup:
- Empty the cups of sugar into a medium saucepan and pour in water.
- Give it a nice stir and bring it to a boil over moderately high flame.
- Reduce it to a simmer and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves into a semi-thick syrup.
- Drop in the sliced strawberries and bring it back to a simmer over low heat.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the strawberries turn mushy and infuse its flavours into the syrup.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest until it cools down to room temperature.
- Tip it into a fine mesh sieve and strain the syrup into a container; throw away the residues.
- Seal the container and store in the fridge for as long as a couple of weeks.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons