Preparation time: 10 mins + 2 hours (inactive)
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients needed to make Cherry Cola Float:
- 1 litre cola, chilled
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup maraschino cherry syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
Cooking instructions for Cherry Cola Float:
- Empty the cup of sugar in a small saucepan, along with a couple of cups water and cook it over moderate heat, stirring regularly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and turn off the heat; set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the maraschino cherry syrup into the sugar syrup and whisk them together thoroughly.
- Beat in the half and half as well as a splash of vanilla extract until well combined and tip the mixture into an 8’’x8’’ cake pan.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Pour cola in 4 glasses so that each of them is ¾ full.
- Add a couple of dollops of cherry mixture into each glass, using ice cream scoop, and serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons