Preparation time: 10 mins + 2 hours (inactive)
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Sangria:
For the sangria:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine, chilled
- 2 cups green grapes, seedless
- 2 cups red apple wedges,
- 2 cups orange wedges
- 2 cups green apple wedges
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
For the garnish:
- 24 wooden skewers, 6’’ each
- 1 ½ cups green grapes, seedless
- 1 medium red apple, cored and chopped into 1’’ chunks
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sliced into 1’’ pieces
- 1 medium green apple, cored and chopped into 1’’ chunks
- Ice cubes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) sparkling water, chilled
Cooking instructions for Sangria:
- To make the sangria, empty the bottle of wine into a large punch bowl and pour in orange liqueur, brandy and orange juice.
- Add the sugar into it and stir it thoroughly until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Drop in the fruit chunks and give it a nice stir to distribute them evenly throughout the mixture.
- Leave the sangria in the fridge for a couple of hours or until it is chilled and its flavors mature.
- To make the garnish, insert the fruits alternately into the skewers, leaving an inch free on its both sides and leave in the fridge to chill until the sangria is ready to serve.
- To serve, pour in the sparkling water and stir it into the sangria.
- Drop few ice cubes into wineglasses and drizzle the sangria into each of them.
- Place a fruit kebab into each serving and serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons