Serves: 5 quarts
Preparation time: 4 hours
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients needed to make Pineapple-Lime Punch:
- 4 medium lemons, thinly sliced and deseeded
- ¼ cup green tea leaves
- 1 l club soda
- 2 cups brandy
- 2 ½ cups dark rum
- 3 bottles, sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Several ice cubes
Cooking instructions for Pineapple-Lime Punch:
- Slice pineapple rounds into quarters and dump them into a large, glass bowl, along with the lemon slices.
- Empty the cups of brandy into the bowl and toss them all together until well combined; set aside at room temperature.
- Pour water into a small saucepan and add the sugar into it.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and heat it over moderately high flame, stirring at times, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the tea leaves and set aside for an hour at room temperature, to let the tea steep.
- Tip the contents through a strainer, into the bowl with the fruits and place a lid on top.
- Leave it in the fridge for about 3 hours to chill.
- For serving, pour it into a large serving bowl and whisk in the rum, club soda as well as the sparkling wine gently.
- Drop the ice cubes into it and serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons