Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Celery Margarita:
- 6 celery stalks, rinsed, trimmed and chopped into 1’’ pieces
- 2 oz sugar syrup
- 4 oz Lillet Blanc
- 8 oz silver, 100% agave tequila
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 tender celery stalks with leaves, trimmed
- Ice cubes
Cooking instructions for Celery Margarita:
- Toss the chopped celery into a blender and pour in the syrup and a splash of lime juice.
- Pulse at high speed for half a minutes, until the stalks are smashed and scrape it out into a fine mesh sieve.
- Strain it into a bowl, while pressing the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible; throw away the solids.
- Measure 1 cup of strained celery juice and set aside.
- Leave 4 martini glasses in the fridge until they are chilled.
- Pour the celery juice into a 1-quart bowl, along with bouts of Lillet Blanch and tequila.
- Give them a nice stir to mix well and pour 6 oz of it into a cocktail shaker.
- Toss few ice cubes into it until the shaker is half-filled and give it a nice shake for about half a minute or until water beads appear on its outer surface.
- Pour it into a fine-mesh strainer to drain into a chilled glass and place a celery stalk in it.
- Make rest of the margaritas in a similar fashion.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons