Preparation time: overnight
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Bloody Mary:
For the mix:
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot Tabasco sauce
- 1 ½ oz freshly squeezed out lime juice
- 1 ½ oz freshly squeezed out lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh horseradish, peeled and finely grated
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
For the serving:
- Dill pickle spears
- 2 cups vodka
- Pickled green tomatoes
- Ice cubes
- Celery stalks
Cooking instructions for Bloody Mary:
- To make the mix, dump all its ingredients into a glass 1quart container and beat them together until they blend thoroughly.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on top and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight, if possible, to allow the ingredients infuse the flavours into the mix.
- To serve, take the container out of the fridge and give it a good stir to mix the ingredients back again.
- Plop several ice cubes into 8 tall glasses until they are half-filled and tip 2 oz of vodka into each glass.
- Pour 4 oz of the tomato juice mix into each glass and stir them all together until well combined.
- Insert a dill pickle spear or celery stalk into each serving and top it up with a pickled green tomato.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons