Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: –
Ingredients needed to make Sazerac:
- 2 fl oz Cognac
- 1 fl oz Pastis
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Crushed ice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- Twisted lemon peel, to serve
Cooking instructions for Sazerac:
- Pour the Pastis in a tumbler and tilt the glass, while making a circular movement, to swirl around it.
- Drain it out from the tumbler and set aside for another use.
- Stuff the glass with handful of crushed ice and set aside to chill.
- Add a bout of Cognac into a mixing glass, along with sugar syrup and bitters.
- Stir them all together briskly for half a minute and set aside.
- Get rid of the crushed ice from the tumbler and place a strainer on top.
- Pour the mixture into the strainer and strain it into the tumbler.
- Insert a twist of lemon peel into the rim of the glass to garnish.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons