Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 1 min
Ingredients needed to make Mango Sorbet With Thai Sweet Chili Topping:
For the sorbet:
- 2 fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and stoned
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
For the Thai sweet chili topping:
- 4 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Red chili flakes
- Few fresh mint sprigs
- Crushed peanuts
Cooking instructions for Mango Sorbet With Thai Sweet Chili Topping:
- Scoop out the flesh of mangoes into a food processor and empty a cup of sugar into it.
- Blend for a minute or until the sugar dissolves and the mangoes pulse into a smooth puree.
- Pour in the coconut milk, along with a splash of coconut milk and continue to pulse for half a minute to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the above mixture into a container, while scraping it down from the base and sides of the blender to avoid wastage.
- Empty the cup of whipping cream into the blender and run it until they whisked thoroughly to form stiff yet moist peaks.
- Pour the mango puree back to the blender and continue to run it for about 10-15 seconds or until it turns creamy.
- Tip the creamy puree into a large ice cream tub or any freeze-proof container and leave it in the freezer, covered, for about 6 hours or until it is frozen solid.
- Before serving, pour all the ingredients for the topping into a saucepan and cook it for a minute, over moderate heat, while stirring constantly.
- Scoop out the sorbet into serving bowls and drizzle the sweet chili topping on each serving.
- Top it up with crushed peanuts, followed by a dash of red chili flakes to add more spice.
- Place a fresh mint sprig on top of each scoop and serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons