Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 50 mins
Ingredients needed to make Jam Crostata:
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup jam of your favorite flavour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking instructions for Jam Crostata:
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F with a rack positioned midway within it.
- Place the butter in a bowl and sprinkle the sugar into it.
- Beat them together, using an electric mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, at moderate speed for 3 minutes or until it creams into a fluffy mixture.
- Stir in a dash of both kinds of extracts, followed by a pinch of salt until well combined and fold in the flour in batches, while beating it slowly into the mixture after each addition, until all of it is used up to form a dough.
- Scoop out ½ cup of the dough and spread it onto a small plate, using your floured fingertips, until it is ½’’ in thickness.
- Spread a sheet of cling film on top to cover and leave in the freezer to chill.
- Spread rest of the dough onto a 10’’ springform pan, in a similar fashion as stated above, and smother its surface with a large splodge of jam.
- Remove the first dough sheet out of the fridge and crumble it onto the layer of jam to cover completely.
- Scatter the sliced almonds on top and bake in the hot oven for 50 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely and carve out 12 thin wedge, using a sharp knife.
- Serve and have fun!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons