Yields: 20 biscotti
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients needed to make Biscotti with Mocha Dipping Sauce:
For the biscotti base:
- 9 oz plain flour
- 9 oz caster sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 ½ oz dried cranberries, chopped
- 8 oz pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
For the mocha dipping sauce:
- 3 ½ oz espresso coffee
- 5 fl oz double cream
- 5 ½ oz dark chocolate
- 3 ½ fl oz honey
- 3 ½ oz small marshmallows
Cooking instructions for Biscotti with Mocha Dipping Sauce:
- For the biscotti base, warm up your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the flour in a bowl and stir in sugar and a dash of baking powder until mixed well.
- Pour in the beaten eggs gradually, while blending it into the mixture at the same time until they gather together into a dough.
- Scatter the cranberries, pistachios as well as lemon zest into the dough and knead them together until uniformly incorporated into it.
- Continue to knead the dough gently and split it into two equal portions.
- Roll each of them into a rectangular log and place it into a baking tray, earlier lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake them in the hot oven for 25 minutes and take it out.
- Set aside to cool to some extent and slice it into ½’’ thick pieces.
- Scatter them into the tray and bake further for another 15 minutes.
- Flip them over and bake for 10 more minutes or until they turn golden brown in colour.
- To make the dipping sauce, dump all its ingredients into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat them over slow flame, stirring regularly, until the chocolate as well as the marshmallows melt completely.
- Tip it into a cup and serve immediately alongside the cranberry and pistachio biscotti.
- Dunk in and enjoy!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons