Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients needed to make Durian Crepes:
For the crepe:
- 50 gm all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fine granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 40 ml evaporated milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp melted butter
- Few drops of green food colouring
- 160 ml water
For the filling:
- 150 ml fresh cream, whipped
- Durian flesh, deseeded
Cooking instructions for Durian Crepes:
- To make the crepes, place the flour in a small bowl and stir in sugar as well as potato starch until well combined.
- Drizzle the beaten egg as well as evaporated milk into it and whisk them all together until they blend thoroughly.
- Stir in a splash of water, followed by melted butter and vanilla extract until just incorporated.
- Stir in few dashes of the green colouring until the batter is evenly coloured and tip the batter into a fine mesh sieve to strain it into a bowl and get rid of any lumps.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over moderately low heat and ladle small portion of the batter onto it.
- Spread it with the back of the ladle into a thin circle and cook for a minute or until its base is set and browns slightly.
- Check the doneness of the crepe by lifting up the sides of the crepe from time to time, using a wooden spatula.
- Slide the crepe onto a baking sheet and flip it over so that the browned side faces up.
- Make rest of the crepes in a similar fashion, using rest of the batter, and keep them in separate sheets or plates in the same manner as the first one.
- To assemble, spread a tsp of the whipped cream onto the middle of each crepe and top it up with a layer of 1 tsp durian flesh.
- Spread a tsp of whipped cream on top again and wrap one side of the crepe over the filling to cover it halfways.
- Wrap the other side in a similar fashion and fold in the other edges; set aside.
- Fill and wrap rest of the crepes in a similar fashion and leave them in the fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons