Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients needed to make Almonds and Blueberry Friands:
For the friands:
- 3 ½ oz ground almonds
- 6 fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ oz self-raising flour
- 3 ½ oz unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
For the drizzle:
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- Juice of 1 orange
Cooking instructions for Almonds and Blueberry Friands:
- Warm up your oven to 400 degrees F and grease each cup of a 6-well muffin pan with a small knob of butter.
- Place the ground almonds, flour, sugar as well as butter into a food processor and crack the eggs into it.
- Blitz them into a thick batter, free of lumps and ladle equal amounts of it into the greased wells.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake the friands for 12 minutes or until they are just golden.
- Take them out of the oven and place a blueberry on top of each friend.
- Pop them back into the oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until they puff up and turn golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- To make the drizzle, pour the orange juice into a pan and stir in a splash of honey until mixed properly.
- Heat it over slow flame, while stirring from time to time, until heated through.
- Remove the muffins or friands from the pan and arrange them onto a large serving platter.
- Drizzle the heated mixture over the friands and set aside until it sets.
- Serve and munch away!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons