Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients needed to make Lemon Petit Fours:
- One (10.75 oz) package frozen pound cake
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 jar lemon curd
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 box (16 oz) powdered sugar
Cooking instructions for Lemon Petit Fours:
- Slice off the top and sides of the pound cake while it is still frozen and cut it into small squares.
- Divide each square longitudinally into three slices and set them aside.
- Spread a thin layer of lemon curd onto base and middle square slice and stack them up.
- Place the top slice over them and give it a gentle press so that they stick together.
- Layer out rest of the petit fours in a similar fashion and arrange them onto a wire rack, which in turn is placed onto a baking tray; set aside.
- To make the glaze, empty the box of powdered sugar into a 3 quart pan and stir in the water and corn syrup.
- Whisk in a splash of lemon extract until well combined and heat it over slow flame, while stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely and blends into the mixture thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat and stir in a couple of tsp hot water to thin it out slightly.
- Drizzle a tbsp of the hot glaze onto each petit four and spread it along the sides of the small cakes until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle tiny candy vermicelli or place an icing flower on top to garnish and glaze rest of the petit fours in a similar fashion.
- Let the petit fours rest until the glaze cools down and sets.
- Serve and have fun!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons