Preparation time: Overnight
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Ice Cream:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup splenda brown sugar
- ½ cup splenda
Cooking instructions for Sweet Potato Ice Cream:
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel off the skin of sweet potato and cut it into ½’’ slices.
- Arrange them in a baking dish and set aside.
- Place the agave nectar as well as brown sugar in a small bowl and give them a nice stir to mix well.
- Drizzle the mixture over the sweet potato slices and roast in the oven for half an hour or until they are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before refrigerating them overnight to make them softer.
- Dump them into a food processor, along with their cooking syrup and pulse them into a smooth puree.
- Empty a couple of cups oat milk into the mixture and pulse them further to mix well.
- Sprinkle the splenda plus pumpkin pie spice into it, along with a splash of vanilla extract and blitz further until the mixture is properly blended and turns orangish in colour.
- Tip the mixture into an ice cream machine and process it as per the instructions provided by its manufacturer until they become creamy and gooey.
- Scoop it out into a freeze-proof container, close the lid and leave in the freezer to set.
- Scoop it out into serving bowls and serve chilled.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons