Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients needed to make Jell-O Cheesecake Squares:
For the crust:
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 oz lemon gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
For the topping:
- 4 ½ cups hot water
- 9 oz strawberry gelatin
Cooking instructions for Jell-O Cheesecake Squares:
- Warm up your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the butter in a medium bowl, along with sugar, until the latter dissolves and the mixture fluffs up.
- Fold in the flour gradually, beating it into the mixture after each addition until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts to form a flaky dough.
- Transfer the dough into a 9’’ x 13’’ baking pan and spread it across the base, pressing it with your palm to level out the surface.
- Bake the crust in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- To make the filling, whisk the lemon gelatin into a cup of hot water until it dissolves and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, until it forms soft peaks; set aside.
- Pour ½ cup sugar into a bowl with softened cream cheese and whisk it thoroughly until it fluffs up.
- Spoon the whipped cream into the above mixture and fold them together until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour in the lemon gelatin and stir well to blend properly.
- Tip this filling into the baked crust and spread it evenly to smooth out its surface.
- Leave it in the fridge to chill.
- To make the topping, whisk in the strawberry gelatin in 4 ½ cups hot water until it dissolves completely and chill it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Tip it over the cheese layer and return the cheesecake back to the fridge to chill and set.
- Once it sets, remove from the fridge and slice into small squares.
- Serve cold.