Preparation time: 15 mins + 1 hour (inactive)
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients needed to make Fruit Soup:
- 3 cups apricots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups mango, chopped
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 lime peels
- 2 lemon peels
- 2 pieces orange peel
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- Few mint sprigs, to garnish
Cooking instructions for Fruit Soup:
- Heat a medium pot over moderately high heat and spoon in the minced ginger.
- Stir fry it for a couple of minutes and empty a cup of pineapples, 2 cups of apricots and ¾ cup mango chunks into it.
- Throw in the citrus peels and give them a nice stir to mix well.
- Cook the mixture for another couple of minutes, stirring periodically and pour in the fruit juices as well as water.
- Stir them together, along with the sugar and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Continue to cook the mixture likewise for 5 minutes, stirring periodically, until the fruits turn mushy and turn off the heat.
- Set aside to cool the mixture to some extent and pour portions of it into the food processor to pulse into a smooth puree, until all of it is blended.
- Tip the soup into a fine mesh sieve to strain into a large bowl and stir in rest of the fruits into it until they are distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Place a lid on top and leave in the fridge to chill.
- Ladle it into serving bowls and place a mint sprig on top of each serving to garnish.
- Serve cold.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons