Yields: 10 pancakes
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Ingredients needed to make Banana Pancakes:
- 8 smoked bacon strips
- 2 ripe bananas, 1 thinly sliced, 1 mashed
- 125 milk milk
- 140 gm all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 25 gm butter, plus extra if required
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Maple syrup, for drizzling.
Cooking instructions for Banana Pancakes:
- Warm up your grill to high heat.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil across the baking tray and place the bacon strips on it in a single layer.
- Grill them for about 5-7 minutes or until they turn crispy golden brown and switch off the grill.
- Leave the bacon within the grill to keep warm.
- Place the flour in a bowl and stir in baking powder, a dash of salt as well as sugar until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and fold them into the mixture along with mashed bananas, milk and butter until they form a uniform mixture.
- Whisk them further to form a smooth out the batter and make it free of lumps.
- Add a knob of butter into a skillet and melt it over moderate heat until it sizzles.
- Pour a heaped ladle of batter onto the hot pan and spread it out to form a circle.
- Place a couple of banana slices on top of the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the surface turns bubbly.
- Turn the pancake over, along with the banana slices on it and cook for another minute or until it puffs up and turns golden brown in colour.
- Slide it onto a plate and keep warm while making other pancakes with rest of the batter.
- Crush the bacons on top of each serving and smother them with a lashing of maple syrup.
- Serve warm.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons