Makes: 18 large cookies
Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients needed to make Stuffed Chocolate Cookies:
For the chocolate dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the vanilla dough:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cu
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
Cooking instructions for Stuffed Chocolate Cookies:
- For the chocolate dough, stir the baking soda, cocoa powder and a dash of salt into the flour; set aside.
- Place a large splodge of butter into a large mixing bowl and empty the cups of sugars into it.
- Beat them together until they blend well together to form a creamy mixture and crack the eggs into it.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract and beat them all together thoroughly until well combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture gradually and process them until they leave the sides of the bowl and gather into a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough into another bowl (in case you used a stand mixer), wrap a cling film over it and set aside.
- To make the other dough, toss the flour, salt and baking soda together until well combined and set aside.
- Whisk the butter, along with the sugars until the mixture creams and beat in the vanilla as well as the eggs until they blend properly into the mixture.
- Fold in the dry mixture until they form a smooth dough and stir in the chocolate chips until they are distributed uniformly throughout the dough.
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out a tbsp of the chocolate dough and press it gently with your fingers to flatten them out.
- Roll a tbsp. of the vanilla dough into a small ball and place it on top of the flattened chocolate dough.
- Wrap it up halfway around the vanilla dough ball and set aside.
- Make another flat patty with another tbsp of the chocolate dough and use it to cover the rest of the vanilla dough.
- Place it on the prepared baking sheet and press it gently to flatten it out slightly.
- Make rest of the stuffed cookies in a similar fashion and arrange them on the baking sheet, a couple of inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until their centre puffs up and the cookies are baked through.
- Let it rest on a wire rack, outside the oven, to cool completely and serve.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons