Serves: one 9’’ loaf
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients needed to make Orange Yogurt Bread:
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp orange peel, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
For the glaze:
- 3 tsp orange juice
- ½ cup icing sugar
Cooking instructions for Orange Yogurt Bread:
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with a stand mixer until the mixture fluffs up and turns light.
- Crack the eggs into it, one at a time while whisking it into the mixture every addition.
- Add a splash of orange juice into it and whisk it into the mixture, along with orange peel and yogurt until well combined.
- Stir the baking powder as well as soda into the flour, followed by a dash of salt until they blend thoroughly into a mixture.
- Fold the dry mixture into the egg mixture until they blend together to form a uniform batter and pour it into a 9’’x5’’x3’’ loaf tin, greased earlier with small amount of butter.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on top to cover loosely and prevent the surface of the bread from browning quickly.
- Bake the bread at the preheated temperature for about 1 hour or until they are baked through.
- Remove from oven and leave it on top of a wire rack until it cools down to room temperature.
- To make the glaze, whisk the orange juice into the icing sugar until they are mixed thoroughly into a smooth mixture.
- Pour it all over the bread and set aside until it sets.
- Slice and serve.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons