Yields: 12 popovers
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 37 mins
Ingredients needed to make Muffin Popovers:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
Cooking instructions for Muffin Popovers:
- Place a rack at the lower third portion within an oven and spread a baking sheet over it.
- Warm them up to 425 degrees F.
- Add a small knob of butter of about ½ tsp into each cup of a 12-well muffin mold and keep aside.
- Spoon in rest of the butter, milk, salt as well as sugar into a blender and crack the eggs into it.
- Blitz them briefly for half a minute and fold in the flour gradually for another half a minute or until they blend together to form a smooth mixture.
- Place the muffin mold onto the hot baking sheet and heat in the oven for a couple of minutes or until the butter melts and sizzles.
- Take it out of the oven and spoon in the popover mixture, so that half of each cup is filled up.
- Place the mold back into the oven, along with the baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until their surface browns slightly and they puff up.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F and bake further for 15 more minutes or until they turn golden brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and place the mold onto a wire rack to cool the popovers.
- Remove them from the mold and serve right away.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons