Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 3 mins
Ingredients needed to make Glazed Pear Cake:
For the cake:
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups pecan, roughly chopped
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
Cooking instructions for Glazed Pear Cake:
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the cake, dust the pear chunks with a tbsp of sugar and toss them together to coat well; set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl of an electric mixer and drizzle the oil into it.
- Empty the cups of sugar into it and beat them thoroughly at moderate speed until they are well combined.
- Place the flour in a separate mixing bowl and stir in baking soda as well as a dash of salt until well mixed.
- Drizzle the whisked egg mixture into it while beating it into the blend at low speed after every addition until they blend together to form a uniform mixture free of lumps.
- Stir in a splash of vanilla extract until they blend into the batter and sprinkle the sugared pears over it.
- Fold it into the batter along with chopped pecans until they are distributed evenly throughout the batter.
- Grease a 10’’ bundt pan with a lashing of oil and sprinkle small amount of flour to coat lightly.
- Tip the batter into the prepared pan and tap it to allow the pan to settle down and to get rid of the trapped bubbles in the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven at preheated temperature for an hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out spotless, indicating that it is baked properly.
- While the cake bakes, prepare the glaze by placing the sugar in a small pan, along with evaporated milk and butter.
- Heat the mixture over moderate heat while stirring it constantly, until it starts boiling.
- Reduce it to a simmer and continue to do so for a couple of minutes, stirring relentlessly, until the sugar dissolves completely to form a thick syrup.
- Once the cake is ready, take the dish out of the oven and drizzle the prepared glaze over it.
- Let it rest until the glaze sets and carve out thick slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons