Domino’s lava cakes are firm on the outside and filled with gooey chocolate. Made in ramekins, they are inverted after cooking. sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve. Very tasty!
Domino’s makes their cakes in the pizza oven. The secret to the gooey center is that the cake is baked at a high temperature to solidify and crisp the outside. Meanwhile, the chocolate lava center stays liquid and gooey. They make for an elegant, yet really easy to make dessert.
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp strong coffee
- ½ cup butter
- Warm up your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate into a microwave-oven proof bowl, along with a stick of butter and cook them in the microwave oven until they melt; prevent overheating of the chocolate.
- Remove from oven and give the mixture a good stir to mix well.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, along with a splash each of vanilla plus coffee and stir the well together until they blend into the mixture.
- Stir in a dash of ground cinnamon and crack the eggs into it, one at a time, while beating them into the mixture after every addition.
- Blend egg yolk into the mixture, just like the eggs and fold in the flour gradually, while stirring the batter at the same time until they blend together to form a thick, smooth, uniform batter.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and spread it throughout the mould with the help of a kitchen towel.
- Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and pour the batter into them.
- Bake the lava cakes for about 12-15 minutes until the surface of the cake appears firm and set.
- Invert the cakes onto serving plates to de-mould and poke it slightly to break it and let the molten chocolate ooze out of it.
- Serve alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Image credit: Wikimedia Commons