Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. Here is how to make them even better by adding almonds! If you love chocolate bars with almonds, you will love these cookies. They are quite quick and easy to make.
If you want the sugar look on top as in the photos, simply sprinkle some sugar on top before baking. I actually prefer them without it though.
Tasty, tasty stuff! Although chocolate chip cookies are kind of a diet killer!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugars
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda and slowly add it to the creamed mix, then mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until firm.
- Coo on a wire rack