Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients needed to make Lobster Stew:
- 1 lb lobster meat, roughly chopped into 2’’ chunks
- 1 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ½ cups celery, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups lobster stock, store-brought
- 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cooking instructions for Lobster Stew:
- Spoon the butter into a stock pot and melt it over slow flame until it foams up.
- Stir in the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring often, until it caramelizes nicely.
- Pour in the lobster stock as well as water and plop in rest of the veggies.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley into it, followed by a dash of cayenne pepper, salt as well as ground black pepper to taste and give them a good stir to mix well.
- Bring the stew to a rolling boil and then reduce it to a simmer.
- Cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Empty the cups of milk into the simmering stock and stir it into the mixture along with cream until well combined.
- Bring the stew back to a boil and lower down the heat right away.
- Heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a clean skillet over moderately high flame until it becomes smoking hot and toss the lobster meat pieces into it.
- Sprinkle a dash each of seasonings over them to taste and sauté for few minutes or until the meat is heated through.
- Pour in a large bout of sherry to deglaze and tip the contents of the skillet into the simmering stew.
- Stir them into the stew and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Remove from heat and ladle the stew into serving bowls.
- Serve warm.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons