Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Ingredients needed to make Sausage And Chorizo Goulash:
- 10 oz spicy chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 ½ lb beef sausages, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 6 fl oz sour cream
- 7 fl oz beef stock
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooked long grain rice, to serve
Cooking instructions for Sausage And Chorizo Goulash:
- Warm up your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Drizzle oil in a oven-proof pan and add a splodge of butter on it.
- Heat both of them until the butter melts and throw in the both kinds of sausage chunks.
- Saute them for about 5-7 minutes, while stirring at times, until they are evenly browned on all sides.
- Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel, with a slotted spoon, to drain off any excess oil.
- Add the garlic as well as onions to the same pan and stir fry them for about 3-4 minutes or until the onions soften and the mixture becomes fragrant.Dust the flour over the mixture and stir them well together to mix; continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper slices and chopped chillies, along with a dash of smoked paprika.
- Add a splash of beef stock over the mixture and return the browned sausages to the pan.
- Give it a nice stir to distribute the contents of the pan evenly throughout the mixture and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook at the preheated temperature for about half an hour or so.
- Once cooked properly, take it out of the oven and skim off any oil or fat that is floating on the surface of the goulash, with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk in the sour cream, followed by the chopped parsley, until they blend well into the goulash.
- Serve it along side cooked long grain rice.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons